Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Favorite Things #46 - Sweet and Savory Combos

If you have been reading my blog for a while you will know that I love anything that combines sweet and savory food. I love a little fruit in with my chicken or even some ice cream and potato chips! As I had mentioned at the beginning of the year Tom and I are trying to go to some new restaurants and we finally made it to a place called Croque which specializes in sandwiches.

Brie sandwich at croque
This is their Brie sandwich that has melty brie cheese, ham, tomato, lettuce, and cranberry sauce. The cranberry sauce pushed this sandwich right over the edge of perfection for me. I also had them add some of their specialty garlic sauce. I paired it with delicious potato salad and it was a wonderful post baseball game meal.

What is your favorite bizarre combo?

8 comments:

  1. This looks great! I love salty and sweet. My dad eats ice cream and bread. I used to wrap bananas in American cheese slices. Potato chips in a bagel and cream cheese is delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet and savory is one of my favorites as well! I love jam and cheese together...love.it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sandwich sounds (and looks) amazing. I love the sweet/savory combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one heck of a sandwich that I'd love to sample. My cousin's favorite sandwich was balogna with crush potato chips. I love love sweet and savory!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks amazing! I like eating fritos with pieces of hershey bars! It's a great combo. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweet and savory of this sandwich. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you ever had the chocolate covered potato chips at Trader Joe's? You will go insane ... they addicting!

    ReplyDelete